Sunday 27 March 2016

#5 - Climb Snowdon - Provisionally one month away!!

I didn't think I would get an opportunity to do this until Mr G was back on his feet and a few pounds lighter, but my bestie and her fiance are hoping to tackle Snowdon at the end of April.  And when I mentioned I was jealous, they very kindly asked me if I wanted to accompany them.  Did I! 

I have the usual misgivings, can I do it, am I fit enough to do it.  I have lost 23lbs already this year, and there's another month to go.  I'm walking on the treadmill most days.  I don't get breathless like I used to, so my overall fitness is increasing.  My friend is asthmatic so it's not like she's going to be sprinting up there herself (well, I hope not anyway!) so as long as I can keep up with her because she's quite a bit lighter than I am.  What an achievement that would be.  So provisionally, this is something that is going to be marked off my list before my 40th birthday!  And it will be lovely achieving this goal with my best friend along for the ride too :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment