Saturday 13 February 2016

#10 - Conquer my needle phobia - Treatment commenced!

It's official, as was suspected, after a psychological evaluation, I do actually have something called 'Blood Injury Injection Disorder'.  This has come as a huge relief to me.  Treatment begins in two weeks time, a course of CBT and immersion, and I am not looking forward to that part.  I had a sweat on when the Psychologist pulled out a sealed syringe, one without a needle in - which might sound pathetic, but that's what this disorder does to you.  Apparently it can usually be traced back to a traumatic experience in your childhood and we managed to identify two that he thinks would definitely have triggered it off for me.  Happy days, let's see how we get on with this.  Might be a long and uncomfortable journey, but at least I've made a start on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment